You are here

Serinus spuds Tunisia onshore well

18th July 2014

Serinus Energy has announced that the Winstar-12bis (WIN-12bis) development well has commenced drilling onshore Tunisia

Serinus spuds Tunisia onshore well
The rig will move to the second location, Winstar‑13 (“WIN-13”), immediately after finishing WIN-12bis

WIN-12bis is located in the eastern portion of the Sabria Field in central Tunisia.

The planned total depth is 3,900 metres and the well is expected to take 63 days to drill.

WIN-12bis is the first of a two well drilling programme by Serinus in the Sabria Field.

The rig will move to the second location, Winstar‑13 (“WIN-13”), immediately after finishing WIN-12bis.

The Sabria Field is a very large oil accumulation, with 347 MMBbl of original oil in place of which 280 million barrels of oil (MMBbl) and 67 MMBbl are associated with assigned reserves and contingent resources, respectively.

It was discovered in 1979 and only six wells have been drilled in the field. Four of those wells have produced 3.1 MMBbl of oil and 8.8 Bcf of solution gas to the end of December 2013.

The targets are the Ordovician aged Hamra and El Atchane formations which are tight sandstones with a high degree of natural fracturing.

Sabria is 45 per cent owned and operated by Winstar Tunisia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Serinus. The other 55 per cent is owned by the Tunisian state oil company, Entreprise Tunisienne D’Activites Petrolieres.

Related topics: 

Drilling

Oil drilling and production news for the oil and gas industry in established and emerging petroleum markets. 

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net