You are here

Serinus flows gas production from Tunisia onshore well

16th December 2014

Serinus Energy has announced that the Winstar-12bis well was tied into the flowline and commenced extended production on December 10, 2014, in the Sabria Field in central Tunisia

Serinus Energy has announced that the Winstar-12bis well was tied into the flowline and commenced extended production on December 10, 2014, in the Sabria Field in central Tunisia
Testing will continue until the well has substantially cleaned up and reaches a stabilised flow rate and water cut

It is producing 41.5oAPI light oil and solution gas, consistent with the rest of the field.

“We are extremely pleased with the performance of WIN-12bis as the well has exceeded our expectations to this point,” said Jock Graham, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Serinus.

“We will continue to monitor the well’s performance and look forward to seeing what its ultimate stabilised rate will be. In addition to a material increase to our Tunisian production, this well and WIN13 will provide new data about the Sabria reservoir, and contribute to the company’s drilling performance. We look forward to the WIN-13 results once it reaches its target depth in February. ”

These rates were all achieved with a choke size of 16/64 inches (6.35 mm). Prior to tie-in, intermittent production tests flowed total fluid rates of up to 1,200 bbl/d, with water cuts ranging between 80 per cent and 95 per cent as the well had yet to recover drilling and completion fluids that had been lost to the formation during those operations.

Testing will continue until the well has substantially cleaned up and reaches a stabilised flow rate and water cut.

The Winstar-13 well (WIN-13) has also commenced drilling in the eastern portion of the Sabria Field approximately 2 km WSW of WIN-12bis, with the same Pergemine rig used for WIN-12bis. The planned total depth is 3,860 metres and the well is expected to take 63 days to drill. . It is 30 metres structurally lower than WIN-12bis, although still high relative to the other producing wells in the field.

The Sabria Field covers approximately 11,250 acres and is 45 per cent owned and operated by Winstar Tunisia B.V., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Serinus. The other 55 per cent is owned by the Tunisian state oil company, Entreprise Tunisienne D’Activites Pétrolières (ETAP).

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net