You are here

Respol tastes gas onshore Algeria

20th April 2015

Repsol has made its third gas discovery in the Illizi basin, in the southeast of Algeria

Repsol has made its third gas discovery in the Illizi basin, in the southeast of Algeria
Repsol aims to drill at least four more additional wells in order to appraise the previous discoveries within the Sud-Est Illizi block. Image Source: Respsol

The discovery in Tan Emellel Sud-Ouest-2 (TESO-2) exploration well in the Sud-Est Illizi block is the continuation of an already very successful exploration campaign in the high-potential area.

Repsol is the operator of the consortium with a 52.5 per cent stake in partnership with Enel (27.5 per cent) and GDF-SUEZ (20 per cent). Sonatrach will hold a 51 per cent stake in the development and production phases, with the existing members maintaining their existing proportions in the remaining 49 per cent.

The gas discovery was made at a depth of 1,307 metres (4,288 feet) and well testing delivered a gas flow rate of 175,000 cubic metres per day (m³/day) and 90 barrels per day (bbl/d) of condensate with a 32/64” choke.

Repsol aims to drill at least four more additional wells in order to appraise the previous discoveries within the Sud-Est Illizi block.

Repsol is present in Algeria since 1973. Repsol has progressively increased its presence in Algeria through active participation in successive exploration bidding rounds that have taken place in recent years.

Currently, Repsol’s activities in Algeria comprise one producing project (Tin Fouyé Tabankort), one development project (Reggane Nord) and two exploration perimeters, Sud-Est Illizi awarded in December 2009 and Boughezoul awarded in October 2014.

Repsol currently produces approximately 8,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in the country.

 

 

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net