You are here

Hydrocarb launches Namibia onshore seismic survey in Owambo Basin

29th May 2014

Hydrocarb Energy has commenced an environmental assessment program on its 21,300 square kilometre Owambo Basin concession comprising blocks 1714A, 1715, 1814A, 1815A in northern Namibia adjacent to the Angola border

Hydrocarb launches Namibia onshore seismic survey in Owambo Basin
Approximately 15 per cent of Hydrocarb’s 21,300 square kilometre concession has been explored with modern 2D seismic data to date

Results from a recently flown aerial gravity and magnetics program have identified 16 new structural leads which will be the focus of a regional exploration 2D seismic program in 2014-15.

Approximately 15 per cent of Hydrocarb’s 21,300 square kilometre concession has been explored with modern 2D seismic data to date.

Chuck Dommer, Hydrocarb president, stated: “With the discovery of 16 new leads and last year’s field study results, we are moving ahead with seismic, and our next step is to bring in an industry partner to expand our exploration efforts in the Owambo Basin.”

Hydrocarb Energy holds a 90 per cent working interest in the highly prospective Owambo Basin concession in northern Namibia with Namcor, the Namibian national oil company, holding the remaining 10 per cent.

Extensive geologic field studies were completed last year proving the existence of excellent high-porosity reservoir rocks as well as soil sampling indicating the presence of crude oil derived from a carbonate source.

Related topics: 

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net