You are here

Dolphin performing Oman offshore shoot for Masirah Oil.

03rd December 2014

Masirah Oil has commissioned a new 3D seismic survey in Block 50 offshore Oman

The seismic survey commenced in November 2014 and is scheduled to be completed within approximately 45 days following mobilisation

The seismic survey, will be undertaken by Dolphin Geophysical ASA with its vessel, Artemis Arctic.

“The data collected will help increase our understanding of the geology in the area and provide more information for the use of Rex Virtual Drilling to select prospects for our planned multi-well exploration drilling programme in 2015 and 2016,” said Hans Lidgren, chairman of Masirah.

The seismic survey commenced in November 2014 and is scheduled to be completed within approximately 45 days following mobilisation.

Rex International Holding holds an indirect 65 per cent stake in Lime Petroleum, while Hibiscus Petroleum indirectly holds the remaining 35 per cent stake. Lime holds a 64 per cent stake in Masirah while Petroci, the national oil company of the Ivory Coast, has a 36 per cent participating interest in Masirah.

Masirah holds 100 per cent of the Block 50 Oman concession.

“We are pleased to note that plans for Block 50 Oman are on track,” said Dan Broström, executive chairman of Rex International Holding.

“Given that Block 50 Oman covers a large area of close to 17,000 square kilometres, information from the seismic survey will value-add to the extended well testing and multi-well campaign targeted to be carried out in the block in 2015 and 2016.”

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net

Related Upstream News Articles