You are here

Cairn India to invest USD 200m into Rajasthan gas development

20th June 2014

Cairn India’s annual report points to investment and new technology and as key to developing natural gas finds in the Rajasthan block

Cairn India to invest USD 200m into Rajasthan gas development
Cairn has made 31 discoveries to date in the Barmer basin block

Cairn intend to invest USD 200m over the three years in order to develop the existing Raageshwari Deep Gas field project.

"Leveraging the gas potential of the Rajasthan block is a priority for Cairn India," said Navin Agarwal chairman in the report.

“In order to fully optimise the Rajasthan development, it will become increasingly important to deploy the most innovative technology in our work programmes. A clear example of this is the importing of the very latest techniques being used in North America to maximise recovery from our own tight reservoirs in the planned hydraulic fracturing programme on the Barmer Hill formation.”

Cairn has made 31 discoveries to date in the Barmer basin block.

Production from the block started last March, with a cumulative sale of 2.7 billion standard cubic feet in 2013-14 fiscal.

"With the addition of higher capacity rigs in the drilling program Cairn India drilling two high impact prospects to test potential gas accumulation in the deeper sections. The initial results obtained are encouraging and testing is underway.”

Cairn holds 70 per cent interest in the block while state-owned  Oil and Natural Gas has the remaining 30 per cent. 

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net