You are here

New offshore drilling starts in China’s Zhanghai block

28th November 2012

Roc Oil spuds second exploration well in Zhanghai block, Bohai Bay

Offshore drilling starts in China’s Zhanghai block
Roc holds an 80 per cent stake in the well, while multinational Sinochem owns the remaining 20 per cent stake

Australian-listed oil company Roc Oil (Bohai), a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, announced on Tuesday that drilling has begun on its second exploration well in the Zhanghai Block, located in the Bohai Bay offshore China.

If commercially viable, the ZD CP2N-H-2 well will be tied-in to existing facilities on Roc's Zhao Dong Block contract.

Drilling from the Zhao Dong C4 platform started on Monday, with total depth planned for the ZD CP2N-H-2 well at 3,283 metres.

Roc holds an 80 per cent stake in the well, while multinational Sinochem owns the remaining 20 per cent stake. Roc and Sinochem also hold working interests in the Zhanghai block, 39.2 per cent and 9.8 per cent, respectively, with PetroChina owning the remaining 51 per cent stake.

ZD CP2N-H-2 is Roc's final obligation well for the Zhanghai Block, one of two adjoining blocks that were added to the company's Zhao Dong Block in March last year.