Connecting growth and western markets across the oil and gas industry

PetroRio, the new brand of HRT Participações em Petróleo, has signed a purchase and sale agreement to acquire 80 per cent of the rights and obligations of the concession contracts for the Bijupirá and Salema Fields with Shell Brasil Petróleo, with Petrobras retaining the remaining 20 per cent
The death of Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz early this morning has caused a dollar-plus spike in oil prices as investors speculate on whether OPEC’s leading member nation is set to change its policy over crude oil production levels
Eni has announced a new discovery of oil and gas in the West Melehia deep exploration prospect, located in the Melehia licence, in the Western Desert of Egypt, 300 square kilometres west of Alexandria
PetroRio, the new brand of HRT Participações em Petróleo, has signed a purchase and...
The death of Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz early this morning has...
Eni has announced a new discovery of oil and gas in the West Melehia deep...

LATEST OIL AND GAS NEWS

Upstream

Congo-Brazzaville focusses on Asian crude export markets -
23rd January 2015
The Republic of the Congo has reaffirmed its export focus on China and other Asian partners ahead of Western markets such as the US and Europe

Pipeline

Russia pushes ahead with Turkey-EU pipeline plan -
22nd January 2015
Russian and Gazprom officials have reaffirmed their plans to use a natural gas transit route through Turkey to access EU markets via a land...

Downstream

Chevron to supply 4.5 million tons of LNG to South Korea -
21st January 2015
Chevron Corporation has announced that its Australian subsidiaries have signed a binding Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with SK LNG Trading...

Health, Safety, Environment

Petrobras develops carbon capture technologies -
23rd January 2015
Petrobras is developing technology to cut greenhouse gas emissions through carbon dioxide capture on a demonstration scale at its Shale...

OIL & GAS TECHNOLOGY INTERVIEWS

Interview: Manish Maheshwari, CEO of E&P at Essar Oil, on India achieving energy self-sufficiency by 2030

Interview: Manish Maheshwari, CEO of E&P at Essar Oil

Manish Maheshwari, CEO of E&P at Essar Oil talks to OGT about India's plans to meet its growing energy demand with domestic supply

 

Interview: Nizar Al-Adsani, Deputy Chairman and CEO of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC)

Nizar Al-Adsani deputy chairman and CEO of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) talks about Kuwait’s position in the Middle East oil market

Nizar Al-Adsani deputy chairman and CEO of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) talks about Kuwait’s position in the Middle East oil market

 

Interview: OGT talks to John Bell, Senior Vice President, Arria NLG, about taming Big Data

INTERVIEW: OGT talks to John Bell, Senior Vice President, Arria NLG, about taming Big Data

John Bell has more than 15 years' experience working with oil and gas infrastructure software solutions, with companies including Oracle, Inovageo, EMC, Aspen Technology and SAP Portals UK.

 

Interview: Melody Meyer, President, Chevron Asia Pacific exploration and production

Interview: Melody Meyer, President, Chevron Asia Pacific exploration and production

Melody Meyer, president of Chevron Asia Pacific exploration and production, discusses the changing landscape of Asia's oil and gas industry

 

Interview: Rex Tillerson, ExxonMobil Chairman and CEO

Rex Tillerson, ExxonMobil Chairman and CEO

Rex Tillerson, ExxonMobil chairman, on meeting the energy challenges of the future

 

OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY EVENTS

Atyrau Oil & Gas

14 Apr 2015 to 16 Apr 2015 | Atyrau, KAZAKHSTAN

This important event brings together local and international oil and gas operators, service providers and government officials, to discuss the technical, scientific and operational needs for the region’s oil and gas industry.

REGISTER TO READ OIL AND GAS TECHNOLOGY EMAGAZINES FOR FREE

Oil & Gas Technology covers onshore and offshore oil and gas news and analysis for the oil and gas industry in BRIC and other emerging markets.
Online registration is free and easy to complete.
  • Brazil (Issue 25)
  • Lat Am (Issue 5)
  • Russia (issue 27)
  • China (Issue 41)
  • India (issue 33)
  • Middle East (Issue 10)